Norwood Elementary School will provide a safe and caring environment where all students acquire the knowledge and problem solving skills to be contributing members of society.
"I am responsible for all of my actions and behaviors today. I will listen, do my work, and learn. I will respect the feelings, property, and rights of others. I will be a good citizen by doing what is right, not because I am being watched by others, but because it is the right thing to do."
- Every student is a valuable, unique and important individual.
- Student learning is the foundation of all policies and procedures.
- All students have the right to learn in a safe, orderly, and positive environment.
- Effective leaders share policy and decision-making and serve as role models.
- Various learning styles require multiple teaching strategies and instructional techniques to meet the needs of all students.
- An effective school uses researched assessment data to enhance instruction.
- Respect for others and self, as well as having an appreciation of diversity and cultural differences, inspire and cultivate learning and harmony within our global community.
- Students need family, school, and community support to become productive educated citizens.